Ashley R. Curtis, M.D.
Dr. Ashley Curtis is a featured contributor on RealSelf.com.
- PLACE OF BIRTH: Atlanta, Georgia
- DATE OF BIRTH: October 17, 1980
- MARITAL STATUS: Married to Jeffrey Douglas Curtis
- HIGH SCHOOL: Graduate (1995-1999)
Chattahoochee High School; Johns Creek, GA
- COLLEGE: Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering (1999-2003)
Georgia Institute of Technology; Atlanta, GA
- MEDICAL SCHOOL: Doctor of Medicine (2003-2007)
Medical College of Georgia; Augusta, GA
- CLINICAL TRAINING:
- Dermatology Resident Physician (2008-present)
Wake Forest University Department of Dermatology; Winston-Salem, NC
- Internal Medicine Preliminary Year (2007-2008)
Palmetto Health Richmond; Columbia, SC
- MEDICAL LICENSURE:
- State of North Carolina Medical Training License (2008-present)
- Diplomate, USMLE (2005-2008)
- Board Eligible for ABD and to sit for examination July 27, 2011
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS:
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- AWARDS AND HONORS:
- Women’s Dermatologic Society Mentorship Award
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Lane Scholarship
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honor Society
- Alpha Pi Mu Engineering Honor Society
- PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS:
- Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center
- HIV Dermatoses, Infectious Disease Department, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center
- Wake Forest University Department of Dermatology
- Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology
- American Journal of Dermatopathology
- Journal of Dermatological Treatment
- Gender Medicine
- Medical College of Georgia Office of Educational Outreach & Partnerships
- Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA
- Georgia Institute of Technology Athletic Association
- VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE:
- Best Health Care Screening, Winston-Salem, NC (2011)
- Annual Skin Cancer Screening, Wake Forest Dermatology Department, Winston-Salem, NC (2008-present)
- Community Care Clinic, Wake Forest Dermatology Department, Winston-Salem, NC (2008-present)
- Post Anesthesia Care Unit Volunteer, Northside Hospital, Atlanta, GA (2002-2003)
- Ronald McDonald House, Atlanta, GA (1999-2003)
- McMichael A, Curtis AR, Sanchez DG, et al. Other Follicular Disorders. In: Bolognia J, Jorizzo J, Schaffer J. Dermatology 3rd ed. (In progress)
- Kaufman W, McNamara E, Curtis AR, Kosari P, Krowchuk D, Jorizzo J. Febrile Ulceronecrotic Mucha-Habermann Disease presenting as Steven-Johnson Disease. (In progress)
- Kaufman McNamara E, Curtis AR, Fleischer Jr AB. Successful treatment of angiofibromata of tuberous sclerosis complex with rapamycin. J Dermatolog Treat. 2010 Aug 1. (e pub ahead of print)
- Curtis AR, Oaklander AL, Yosipovitch G. Trigeminal Trophic Syndrome from stroke: an under recognized central neuropathic itch syndrome. (Accepted in the American Journal of Clinical Dermatology)
- Curtis AR, Yosipovitch G. Erythrodermic Verrucous Psoriasis. (Accepted in the Journal of Dermatological Treatment)
- Curtis AR. Clinical and Pathological Aspects of Skin Diseases in Endocrine, Metabolic, Nutritional and Deposition Disease (book review). (Accepted in the American Journal of Dermatopathology)
- Smith B, Curtis A, Parsons A, Yosipovitch G, Sangüeza OP. A 41-year-old woman with a scaly erythematous plaque admixed with erosions on the groin, back, and legs: Challenge. Nutritional deficiency. Am J Dermatopathol. 2010;32:828,850.
- Curtis AR, McMichael A. Hair Growth and Disorders (book review). New Engl J Med. 2009:360:1050-1051.
- Curtis AR, Tegeler C, Burdette J, Yosipovitch G. Holistic Approach to Treatment of Intractable Central Neuropathic Itch. J Am Acad Dermatol. 2011 Feb 2. (e pub ahead of print)
- Fichtel J, Richards JA, Davis L. Trichorrhexis Nodosa Secondary to Argininosuccinicaciduria. Pediatr Dermatol. 2007;24:25-7.
- Richards JA, Sheehan D, Rogers R, Peterson C, Lesher J. Recurrent Squamous Cell Carcinoma Presenting as Facial Nerve Palsy in the Setting of Organ Transplantation. Dermatol Surg. 2006;32:1103-1107.
- Curtis AR, Sheehan D. Recurring Palpable Purpura. Resid Staff Physician. 2006;52:23.
- Curtis AR, Hurst E, Lee M, Sheehan D. A True Molluscum Pendulum. Int J Dermatol. 2007;46:853-4.
- Curtis AR, Sheehan D. Sunless Tanning: A Review. Cosmetic Dermatology, 2006:19:691-693.
- Curtis AR, Richards, RW. The Treatment of Psychogenic Excoriation and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder Using Aripiprazole and Fluoxetine. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 2007;19:199-200.
- Dudelzak J, Curtis AR, Sheehan DJ, Lesher JL Jr. New-Onset Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis in a Patient Treated with Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) Immunotherapy. J Drugs Dermatol. 2008;7:684.
- Miller, P Curtis AR, Pichardo R. Bullous lupus erythematosus as a cutaneous manifestation of systemic lupus. Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. New Orleans, Louisiana (February 2011)
- Kaufman WS, McNamara E, Curtis AR, Krowchuk D, Jorizzo J. Febrile Ulceronecrotic Mucha-Habermann Disease. Presented at the Southeastern Consortium Meeting. Durham, North Carolina (October 2010)
- Tran B, Curtis AR, Lee AD, Yosipovitch G. Eruptive vellus hair cysts treated with lactic acid: Case report and review of the literature. Presented at the American Academy of Dermatology Annual Meeting. Miami, Florida (March 2010)
- Curtis AR, Ali S, Lee, AD, Yosipovitch G. Erythrodermic Verrucous Psoriasis. Presented at the Southeastern Consortium Meeting. Charleston, South Carolina (October 2009)
- McNamara EK, Curtis AR, Pichardo R, McMichael A. Hypopigmented Mycosis Fungoides. Presented at the Southeastern Consortium Meeting. Charleston, South Carolina (October 2009)
- Curtis AR, Hurst E, Lee M, Sheehan D. A True Molluscum Pendulum. Presented at Zola Cooper Clinicopathologic Dermatology Conference. San Antonio, Texas (November 2005)
- Richards JA, Sheehan D, Rogers R, Peterson C, Lesher J. Recurrent Squamous Cell Carcinoma Presenting as Facial Nerve Palsy in the Setting of Organ Transplantation. Presented at the American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting. Atlanta, Georgia (October 2005)