When patients hear the word dermatology they may presume that it’s the treatment of the skin. At Dermatology Associates of Atlanta (DAA), while we do provide patients skincare from head to toe, not everyone is aware that we do much more! We are excited to share helpful information showcasing our 8 providers as well as highlighting the vast diversity of our cosmetic and general dermatology services. Just to give you a glimpse into what we do, here are some facts about us:
- DAA was founded in 1979 by Dr. Edmond Griffin and later incorporated with business partner Dr. Scott Karempelis (or Dr. K as we call him around the office) and newest co-owner, Dr. Joseph Payne.
- Our providers have over 150 years of combined experience.
- Our comprehensive facility features EIGHT centers within ONE location:
- Atlanta Center for Veins – with over 25 years of experience treating and eliminating veins, our technology is ever evolving and always the most up-to-date on the market. We treat everything from delicate facial veins to veins on the legs.
- Dermatology Center – skin conditions can be a thing of the past with our advanced knowledge of treating an array of skin concerns from acne and wrinkles to skin cancer.
- Griffin Center of Hair Restoration & Research – world-renowned educator and practitioner Dr. Griffin and his highly-skilled team have provided over 35 years of commitment to finding causes of hair loss, educating sufferers and providing effective treatment options for men and women of all ages. Using both surgical and non-surgical treatments, The Griffin Center stays on the forefront of hair loss technology by specializing in techniques including Follicular Unit Grafting, NeoGraft®, lasers and PRP therapy to provide patients with natural-looking results.
- Hair Removal – let us help you eliminate unwanted body and facial hair at our hair removal center! With over 25 years providing safe and effective laser treatments, our lasers and qualified providers can treat just about any area including the face, neck, back, underarms, bikini area, legs, chest, arms, hands and toes. Say goodbye to razor and hello to a silky smooth, hair-free body.
- Laser Institute of Georgia – the healing qualities of lasers have graced the Laser institute for over 25 years and continue to make this center one of the largest and most experienced laser centers in the Southeast. Our advanced lasers are specifically designed to treat a variety of skin conditions including acne, skin imperfections, unwanted hair, wrinkles, tattoo removal, skin cancer and much more!
- Psoriasis Center – as there’s currently no cure for psoriasis, proper treatment is a case-by-case consideration but the goal remains the same: slow down the speed of production, reduce inflammation, eliminate scaled and restore your skin. Since it’s opening in 1990, our psoriasis center specializes in identifying and creating the best and most effective treatment options for our patients.
- The Surgical Suite – this well-maintained 2,000 square foot facility is top-notch and where our physicians perform surgical procedures like Mohs surgery, fat transfer, acne scarring, PRP therapy and body contouring procedures including SlimLipo® and tumescent liposuction. Our state-of-the-art facility provides a safe and well-equipped environment for both medical and cosmetic surgery, and we are most proud to be able to offer our patients the best, safest and most comfortable surgical care possible.
- Skin Medics™ Medical Spa – pampering the skin can be a wonderful thing! At Skin Medics™ we specialize in microdermabrasion, facials, peels and other facial treatments. Skin Medics™ works closely with the DAA dermatologists to help customize preventative skin maintenance programs to help reveal bright, young and vibrant skin of the face and body.
Our main goal at Dermatology Associates of Atlanta is not only to give you and your family the best possible skin care using the most advanced techniques available, but also to make sure your visit is as worthwhile, pleasant and as memorable as possible. If you’re interested in learning more about what we do or would like to get to know us personally, please don’t hesitate to contact DAA! We invite you to also reach out to us on our Facebook, Twitter and Google+ pages to keep the conversation going. Hope to see you soon!