The holidays are always cause for celebration at Dermatology Associates of Atlanta (DAA), not only because of the holidays themselves, but also because we can reflect back on yet another successful and exciting year in both general and cosmetic dermatology. In case you’ve been just as busy as we have, here are some highlights from 2016:
New Products and Services
We’re always on a mission to bring our patients the best and most advanced options for all their skin care needs from head to toe, and this year certainly didn’t disappoint. Take a look at our new additions:
- Alastin Skin Nectar™ – This unique product focuses on a vital but often overlooked part of the skin called the extracellular matrix, and it does this with the TriHex Technology™ that Alastin developed after years of research. The result is younger-looking skin that is more protected against future damage.
- New Chemical Peels: The Perfect Derma™ and melanage™ MiniPeel – Chemical peels are a patient favorite at Skin Medics™, our on-site medical spa, because they’re versatile and able to address a wide number of aesthetic concerns at once. This year, we added two new options: The Perfect Derma™ combines a number of successful ingredients for a powerful result, and the melanage™ MiniPeel is perfect for those just looking brighten and enhance their skin with a light peel.
- Viviscal® Professional Hair Growth Supplements – Our Griffin Center of Hair Restoration and Research and Griffin Center for Women’s Hair Loss specialize in everything about hair loss and hair restoration. As a way to enhance the results of your treatments, we offer Viviscal® oral hair growth supplements.
- Eyelash and Eyebrow Tinting – Coloring in your eyebrows and putting on mascara every morning can be frustrating and time-consuming, but if you want to make your brows and lashes darker and more noticeable (or if you simply want their color to better complement your hair and facial features), our licensed and experience aestheticians at Skin Medics™ Medical Spa are here to help.
- DermaPlaning – Many of our patients already know how important it is to exfoliate regularly, and like microdermabrasion, dermaplaning offers a professional exfoliation to remove dead skin cells and surface debris. However, dermaplaning also removes the extremely fine vellus hairs throughout the face as well, leading to an impeccably smooth and soft feel.
- BodyFX™ Non-Surgical Body Contouring and Cellulite Reduction – Nearly all of us have some unwanted fat we want to remove, but surgical liposuction can sometimes be difficult to fit into the schedule and the budget. BodyFX™ is a new method for non-invasive fat reduction which also reduces cellulite in the treatment area as well.
- Fractora™ Facial Rejuvenation – This highly successful procedure combines two different ways to promote skin-firming collagen: miconeedling and controlled warmth. The ultrafine needles deliver radio frequency (RF) energy to the precise level of the skin where it’s needed to help your skin become firmer, smoother, and more youthful.
- Lumecca™ Photo Rejuvenation – As a fantastic way to reduce the appearance of age spots, sun damage, rosacea or facial redness, spider veins, vascular lesions, and even freckles, photo rejuvenation uses a light which is absorbed by the skin without actually piercing the skin, so recovery time is minimal but the results are exceptional.
- CoolMini™ – CoolSculpting® has long been a popular way to reduce excess fat in the abdomen, “love handles,” back, thighs, and more. But one area many people also struggle with is the “double chin.” This fat can be particularly resistant to diet and exercise, so this year, CoolSculpting® released their new CoolMini™ applicator designed specifically to address this common problem area.
- Dermaflage® for Healing and Concealing Scars – As anyone with acne scars, surgical scars, or scars from injury knows, typical makeup doesn’t do much to conceal an indented scar. Used by professional makeup artists as well as medical personnel, Dermaflage® is a silicone scar filler that covers your scar so it blends in discretely with your natural skin, making it nearly or entirely invisible.
- SkinCeuticals® Skin Care Products – At DAA, we’re dedicated to not only treating our patients’ skin while they’re in our office, but also to helping patients sustain and improve the health of their skin at home, too. A crucial part of this is offering the right skin care products to fit everyone’s needs, and to further improve the variety of products we carry, this year we added the well-known line SkinCeuticals® to the mix. As a brand that focuses on scientifically-supported methods and ingredients, SkinCeuticals® provides highly effective products to treat a variety of skin care issues.
Best Dermatology Practice in Atlanta
Another high note in 2016 is that DAA was awarded the title of Atlanta’s Best Dermatology Practice in Best Self’s annual survey. Each year, Atlanta residents nominate and vote on their favorite businesses and practitioners for a number of health and wellness-related fields, from plastic surgeons to yoga instructors. It was a great honor to hear that our patients have been so happy with our services that they felt we were deserving of this exciting award.
All of us at DAA have so much to be grateful for this holiday season, including all of you, our valued patients. We’re honored to help you strive for your medical and aesthetic goals, and we look forward to continuing to do so in 2017. To learn more about our practice or to see all our monthly special offers, follow Dermatology Associates of Atlanta on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+. Or, contact us to schedule an appointment today.