People change a little bit every day – we change our opinions, our attitudes, our perspectives. It’s part of what makes us human. But for some, this means falling out of love with a past piece of body art. Fortunately, recent advancements in tattoo removal technology, like the PicoSure™ laser, have minimized the process and have busted those old tattoo removal myths.
- Myth #1: The tattoo can’t be removed completely
- It’s true that there are certain colors that are more difficult to remove than others, like blues and greens. But PicoSure™ tattoo removal uses an improved method of short bursts of energy to break up these more difficult hues for a more thorough removal.
- Myth #2: Tattoo removal is painful
- During removal treatments, the sensation is mild and easily manageable.
- Myth #3: There could be side effects
- In reality, even earlier methods of tattoo removal have a low risk of side effects or injury to the surrounding skin, and the enhanced precision of the PicoSure™ laser technology reduces the risk even further.
- Myth #4: Tattoo removal is expensive
- While the number of treatments varies by patient, the effectiveness of PicoSure™ can significantly reduce the number of treatments needed for removal, which makes the tattoo removal treatment especially economical.
Certainly new technology is only as successful as the provider performing the treatment. That’s why Dermatology Associates of Atlanta (DAA) is the perfect place to go for your tattoo removal. Not only do our providers have a combined 150 years of experience, but we were one of the first practices in Georgia to obtain a PicoSure™ laser system. That means we have more experience with the PicoSure™ laser, so you can be assured that you’re receiving the best expertise available.
To give our patients even more benefit during their laser tattoo removal treatments, DAA will be unveiling a brand new system, the PicoWay Laser, later this month! Be sure to check back on our blog to learn more about the PicoWay laser system and in the meantime, if you’d like to find out more about PicoSure™ tattoo removal, contact us to set up an appointment to discuss your options (and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for updates and specials). It’s the first step to getting back to having the skin that you (the current you) can love.