At Dermatology Associates of Atlanta (DAA), we are highly committed to giving our patients the best possible care and results. So we are excited to introduce you to three new pieces of technology that are allowing us to do our job even better! For anyone seeking to look their best, the Infini™ skin tightening system, the PicoWay laser, and the UltraShape® fat reduction system may provide new opportunities to do just that.
- What is it? A skin tightening system.
- What does it treat? Lack of skin elasticity, loss of youthful volume, and scarring.
- How does it work? The system consists of two micro-needled hand pieces. One is ideally configured for covering larger areas of skin more quickly, while the other is customized to deliver more precise treatment to small areas, like around the eyes.
- What makes it different? Infini™ combines microneedling with fractional radio frequency and can target both superficial skin and deeper skin tissue. This versatility allows it to volumize and rejuvenate the skin while also stimulating the production of collagen, which helps to support the skin.
- What is it? A laser that is highly beneficial for tattoo removal.
- What does it treat? An especially wide array of tattoos, including tattoos that involve red ink and are exceptionally dark. Removing dark tattoos from dark-skinned individuals is difficult for most lasers, but PicoWay is much more effective in these situations. PicoWay is also used to treat difficult pigmentation disorders, like Nevus of Ota and stubborn melasma.
- How does it work? The pulses of energy from the laser break up the undesired pigments into extremely small particles, which the body can then eliminate naturally.
- What makes it different? The combination of shorter pulses of energy and higher peak power can remove tattoos in fewer treatments and can make the treatments more effective, safer, and more comfortable.
- What is it? A fat reduction system.
- What does it treat? Unwanted areas of fat in the abdomen, flanks, and upper thighs in those who are of average weight or are mildly overweight.
- How does it work? The painless system uses energy to break up the fat cells in the treated area so that the body can eliminate them naturally.
- What makes it different? While the results are as permanent as liposuction, UltraShape® is minimally invasive and does not require any downtime. Unlike other nonsurgical fat reduction systems, UltraShape® does not carry risks of bruising or paresthesia.
While new technology like Infini™, PicoWay, and UltraShape® can better the field of cosmetic skincare, it’s important to remember that the equipment is only as good as the provider administering the treatment. That’s why DAA, with 150 years of combined experience among our top-notch providers, is the perfect place to go for cosmetic skincare. Contact us today to schedule a consultation about your skincare needs, and check us out on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+ for updates on future new additions to our skincare toolbox.