University of Nebraska, NE-MPAS Emergency Medicine, 2000
University of Oklahoma, OK-BS Phys Assoc., 1987
COLLEGE: Kansas State University, KS-BS Life Sciences, 1981
VOCATIONAL SCHOOL: Knoxville Vocational Technical, TN-License Practical Nurse, 1978
MEDICAL LICENSURE: Georgia License No. 003280
CERTIFICATION: National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, November 8, 2006 to December 31, 2008
HONORS, AWARDS, AND SOCIETIES:
Army Commendation Medal
Army Achievement Medal
Good Conduct Medal
National Defense Medal
Army Service Ribbon
Re-certified on the Physician Assistant National Certifying Examination, 1995
Certified in Basic Life Support and Advance Cardiac Life Support, 1999
EMPLOYMENT: United States Army, various locations, 1973 to Present
- Physician Assistant for the Bortolazzo Physician Group in the Wellstar Hospital System of the emergency room and fast track areas in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Physician Assistant in the emergency room at Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center and part-time at St. Mary’s East Towne Clinic in Knoxville, Tennessee.
- Resident trainer as an Active Duty Physician Assistant serving the Alexandria and the Fort Polk population. Also practicing part-time in the emergency room at the South Louisiana Medical Center in Houma, Louisiana.
- Specialized in family practice, emergency medicine, and industrial medicine while serving in a part-time position at the Doctors on Duty Clinic, Monterey, California.
- Provided care to approximately 2,000 active duty members and their dependents as a Physician Assistant at the 16th Medical Detachment, West Germany. Also served as the Nuclear Security Officer for Personnel Reliability Program.
- Functioned as a special staff officer to the commander, advising on medical related matters pertinent organizational goals and preparedness.
- In the absence of Physicians functioned as the primary source of advice to determine medical necessity, priority, requirements for patient evacuation and initial emergency care and stabilization.
- Applied nursing care principles, procedures, and techniques and care and treatment of patients in pediatric wards and surgical intensive care unit under the close supervision of a Physician.
Medical Non-Commissioned Officer
- Supervised dispensary and field medical facilities, administrated emergency treatment independently to battlefield casualties, assisted with inpatient and outpatient care and treatment.
- Administered emergency treatment to battlefield casualties with outpatient care and treatment under supervision of Physician, Physician Assistant or Nurse.